10 December 2006

Paradise and more

I'm currently living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Rio comes complete with mountains and the beach and is home to the world's largest urban forest (which you would know if you watched the CSI: Miami episode that was set in Rio).
With that said, knowing that I live in paradise, there are other places I'd love to live (or at least just visit now and again):
1. London
2. Florence
3. Just outside London in a big country house (Think of the professor's house in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)
4. Australia
5. Greece
6. Cortona, Italy (the featured city in Under the Tuscan Sun -- it's just as charming as it looks in the movie!)
7. New York City (just to visit, not to live)
Maybe I'll get to all these places again sometime (and to Australia and Greece for the first time)....
Addendum:
In honor of Soj (you know I love you!), my only "continental" Portuguese-speaking friend, and others that I seem to have forgotten, I am adding to this list.
8. Portugal (and Spain, I guess -- I'd love to see the running of the bulls)
9. Egypt
10. India
11. Switzerland
12. Germany/Austria
13. Turkey (Should I go to Istanbul or Constantinople?)
Notice all the European countries on this list. Notice that France is not on it. I couldn't make myself like it the first time around (though maybe I could go visit the Louvre again.... Soj has graciously volunteered to be my hostess!).

7 comments:

Allison said...

Hey!

I miss you, too!

Maybe one day when Gaines gets into some awesome PhD program at Oxford (ha!) you can come visit us...it'd sort of be like a professor's house in the country...

Look for something in the mail from us by Christmas...

Love you!
Allison

bettercountry said...

I introduced Catan to five new people tonight and they loved it. It made me think of you.

Luvyameanit

and...I'm sad that Portugal is not on that list. It's a shame, really.

Anonymous said...

One of my dreams is to go to France some day. I would love to be a part of the peletron in the tour de France. Other than that I am with you on the France thing.
ps I didit no grmmer mistkez

Jen said...

I guess I could put up with France for something cool like the Tour de France.

bettercountry said...

Um, HELLO?! I feel like you keep dissing on me. You don't wanna come visit me IN France? Then we could road-trip THROUGH Spain to PORTUGAL?

But no. You don't wanna go to France again. Guess you just gave up your free lodging in Europe.

Jen said...

Sorry, Soj. It's not on purpose. I would come visit you, but not because you live in France. So I could put up with France for a friend (and we could travel through Spain to Portugal). Does it help that I'd like to go to Turkey? You could be my tour guide.

bettercountry said...

I'm only going back to Turkey if someone else pays for the trip.