21 December 2006

Lottie Moon

A friend of mine sent out her update today, and as I haven't really been diligent in telling people about Aunt Lottie, now is the time. The International Mission Board (IMB) takes up a special offering every Christmas for world missions. That offering pays for me to be here -- my salary, my apartment, my car, my health insurance -- along with over 5000 other "M's" around the world. I found out two fun things from her update:
1. Some clever person has started a blog written from the point of view of Lottie Moon. Apparently Lottie Lives.
2. One isn't restricted to giving to Aunt Lottie just at Christmastime (though that is certainly an easy time to give). You can go to the IMB website and give online, year round.
Thank you to everyone who makes it possible for me to be here through their giving, going, and praying!

No comments: