03 August 2004

You want me to do WHAT?

Some days, there are definitely not words to express how inadequate I feel to be a beacon of light in the darkness. Sometimes it passes, sometimes it doesn't. I definitely have had days of feeling inadequate, days of feeling like I can conquer the world, and days of amazement at the fact that I am even here in Brazil. I have been chosen for a noble calling, the same that all Christians are called to do.
Spread the gospel. Proclaim that Christ died and rose again. Until I came down here, I'm not sure that I really understood that. My first week here, I was put up in front of a classroom full of school children to tell them about why the Belmont University basketball team was in Brazil playing with them. Surprisingly, it was much easier than I ever thought it could be.
I have been forced to depend solely on Christ and the riches that He has for me. I must remember every day that He is bigger than all of my feelings and my attitudes and my thoughts and my actions and my words. His purposes always stand, and I think that means drawing men to Himself. He is good. Taste and see! Don't forget that.

No comments: