16 August 2004

Risky business

I've figured out (with a little help from my roommate) that sometimes being the one to give my opinion is a huge risk. I risk being rejected, I risk my advice or opinion not being heeded (which sometimes is neither here nor there), I risk being separated from others, and I risk being alone with nothing but the truth (and sometimes my own misery) to keep me company.
I desire more than anything else to speak the truth to others in love, and I am finding that it hurts when they don't want to hear it. Why do I want this so badly? Chalk it up to college experience, and the fact that hearing the truth hurts much less at the beginning than it does farther on down the road. To me, anyway.
A bit melodramatic, these two paragraphs, but they will stand thus, because they are truth for my own life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U go girl