10 June 2008

Panic and provision

I have been sitting comfortably (or uncomfortably) in panic mode for about the past 3 days. Fortunately, it doesn't have anything to do with me crossing over into my fourth decade of life (that's the 30's, for those of you who are thinking you missed 10 years of my life), though the timing seems somewhat suspicious.

It has much more to do with being overwhelmed at the near future (the next year), because though the next year will bring much joy, there is certainly a lot to figure out. I am leaving Brasil in October. So then what? My questions are slowly being answered, but that just brings up more questions. Where will I live? What will I do? Will I have enough money to live on? What about a car? Is gas really $4 a gallon? Hmmph. It's about $6 a gallon here. But then again, I don't have to pay for it here. And then there are other questions that I know the answers to, but they aren't blog-worthy quite yet.

I am beginning to understand (though I am probably being overly dramatic) what it is to have to depend on the Lord for provision. He reminded me this morning that He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and that He can proverbially sell some to provide what He wants for me.

1 comment:

The Black Family said...

Jen,

Just let God worry about the details. I'm sure you are saying "ha!" about now, but truthfully - worrying about all the what-if's and how's robs you of the here and now. The here and now is where God is working miracles and providing memories that will stay with you forever.

Know that we love you and we're praying for all the "other stuff" so you can enjoy the precious moments that will sneak up on you today.

Love you!
M

p.s. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift - that's why it's called the present."