01 June 2008

A disappearing act....

I haven't written a prayer update for quite some time now, so here is the latest:
Hello once again from the beautiful city of Rio!
I know it's been awhile since I've written, but I kept putting it off because I was waiting for something to write about! In the past few months, we have had countless meetings with churches, I have done some traveling, and I even had the privilege of a visit from a good friend.
Our teams started a couple of weeks ago, with a basketball group from Belmont being our first. It is always amazing to me how God uses whatever skills we have to open doors for us to talk to people about Him.
We had a medical team last week in a new area and things went extremely well. Our next 4 weeks are full of teams, with no rest until July.
Please pray for our strength and rest, as we are already tired.
Pray for the next few weeks:
May 30-June 7 -- Brentwood in Vila do João
June 7-14 -- Youth team in Centenário (we are there this week)
June 14-21 -- Clarksville in Dendê
June 21-28 -- Columbia at Parque Independência
Pray that the people of Brasil will continue to be hungry for the Lord, and that we will be able to tell people about Him simply and personally. I have been studying 1 Corinthians lately and am struck by what Paul says in chapter 1 about preaching the gospel simply so that the cross will not be emptied of its power. May we remember that the message of the gospel is simple yet profound.
He alone is worthy.

No comments: