27 March 2008

A little recycling

My friend Allison sent me this article about what's going on in São Paulo. There's apparently been a ban on outdoor media (billboards, neon signs, etc.) since the beginning of 2008. Truthfully, I had no idea, and it's certainly not going on here in Rio. We're as cluttered as ever.

I love the idea of repurposing, though I can't say I'm that creative. And what a perfect idea for São Paulo, especially since SP is quickly becoming a world name in fashion. I wish that we would get wise to the idea around here. I would love to see buildings, mountains, and sky without billboards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

repurposing. That sounds like it should be a theological term. Allthough one thi side of being repurposed by God I really didn't have a purpose beforehand. So i geuss it wouldn't work.