03 March 2008

All things new (and white)

I could turn this into a really good post about how those who believe that Jesus is the Christ are made new, and will be made white (pure, clean, etc.) through His blood. But I've made my point. So I won't.
I got a new refrigerator today, and it makes me happy. It's not actually new, as I snagged it from some missionaries that left last year (they got it new last March or so). I didn't complain much about my old one, because it's what I had and what was available. My old refrigerator was a brown monstrosity, whose handles were hanging on by their last little piece of plastic. It didn't have a crisper. No place for meat and cheese. It wasn't frost-free. Mind you, frost-free refrigerators are a fairly new thing here in Brasil.
My new refrigerator, though not as big, is white, and makes my kitchen look at least a little bigger. It has a meat drawer and a crisper. And it is frost-free. What does that mean for me? That I don't have to clean the water out of the bottom of my refrigerator (at least) once a week. That I don't have to worry nearly as much about freezer burn. That I have a place to put my vegetables and fruits (and meat and cheese). That makes me happy. Call me superficial, but it does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This means you'll be able to buy more giant Easter eggs to save for later! Yay!