04 March 2008

It's the most wonderful time....

Oh, wait: that's Christmas.

Easter is quickly approaching and we all know what that means -- Easter candy! I have definitely taken advantage of the great variety of Easter eggs that we have here in Brasil (for an example of what they look like, go to Nestlé and click on "Ovos Nestlé"). They are hollow chocolate eggs, usually with a coating on the inside of the egg (like the white chocolate on the inside of a Kinder Egg). They also have snack size pieces of the candy that corresponds to the flavor of the egg. I have already eaten two (one from last year -- yay for refrigerators!) and have two more. I will probably buy more before the season is over.

As much as I like the Easter candy here, nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Cadbury eggs. If you're not familiar with them, well, I pity you. (For more information on Cadbury eggs, click here.) They sell them year-round in England, and if it were an option for me to live there, I would. Just because of the eggs. And the Cadbury vending machines in the Tube stations. Being in Brasil doesn't keep me from having (at least limited) access to these wonderful treats. AB is bringing me a few next week. She is my Easter hero. Behind Jesus, that is.

This is an egg I bought a couple of weeks ago -- milk chocolate with chocolate truffle candy inside.












This is what Sharon got me for Easter. I love the mini milk can and the old advertisements!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will stock up on easter for one year that way you can stay in the USA. How far away is Italy from England. That would be a cool place to live. Second choise would be Portugal or Spain I know those are closer.