13 January 2007

Wedding Crashers

A friend called me this afternoon to talk about what time we were going to meet tonight for pizza and a movie (some things don't change, though we did actually make the pizza) and the conversation went a little like this (translated, of course):
"Did you call earlier?" (her)
"Yeah, I did." (me)
"What's up?"
"How about 6:30 tonight?"
"That sounds great! Hey, do you know Paula?"
"Yeah, I know her."
"Her wedding is at 5:30 and I wanted to go. Want to go too?"
"Sure, why not?"
And so we went. I saw tons of people I knew and no one seemed to care that I wasn't invited.
Coming out of all that, we were singing "How Great Thou Art" during the ceremony (Brazilian weddings are somewhat different than American weddings) and I just kept thinking about how great God is. He has brought me back to the country and culture I love and brought me out of my shell (for those of you who know me, I know that would seem a hard thing to do, but with people I don't know I'm a little different.) and is allowing me to do what I love to do every day, all so that the people here might know Him.

No comments: