05 May 2007

Que mico que eu paguei!

Last night I went with some friends to Lapa (a part of Rio much like Bourbon Street that is packed on the weekends) to pass out tracts and talk to people about God. The night was awesome -- one friend and I stood talking to a guy for almost 2 hours because he kept asking questions!
Before we go out on the street, we have a worship service. The pastor of the church down there has known me for about the last 5 years and every time I'm down there he asks me how I'm doing and tells me how glad he is that I'm there. Last night, he decided it would be a good idea to ask me to come up and pray. In Portuguese. In front of a church full of Brasilians. I know to a lot of people that wouldn't be a big deal, but I am much better one-on-one than I am in front of a group. I'm still quite self-conscious when speaking in Portuguese, scared that I am going to make a mistake. I know that in the end God knows my heart, but I don't want to offend anyone.

No comments: