26 May 2007

Coisa de filme

I would like to echo my friend Melanie's question: Where do I live?!
My boss and I were driving home from the hotel the other day where our volunteers stay, and we were uncerimoniously carjacked. Well, cerimoniously when you get right down to it. Car in front, car in back, nowhere to go, and a gun. Obviously planned.
I keep wondering how desperate these people are in the city that I live. I know they are desperate just to survive some days, but they are also desperate for Jesus and don't even know it. While I am mad about what happened, I grieve for the people who are so hardened and desperate that they must resort to violence (or near violence) to get what they want. I wonder what the guy's name was who took the car. I wonder what his story is.
I must add that no missionaries were hurt during the enactment of this story.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow, Jen! I'm just glad you're okay! What a story-- that had to have been scary at the time.