24 April 2008

Continental confusion

So I didn't write about this when it happened, because, well, I don't know. I guess that anyone who watches any sort of news would have heard about it. If you don't, here's the article. In summary, one of the USOC members wrote on a white board, "Welcome to the Congo" when he was down here during the Pan Am games last year. I had forgotten about it until I saw a bumper sticker tonight.

Wanna know what it says? "We love the Congo." Actually, it's we heart Congo (even better, right?). It's available in Portuguese and English, and I really want one. I am horrified that anyone (no matter what country they were from) would complain about Brazil in winter because it's hot. Not only because it's not hot (I actually get cold during the winter here), but because air conditioning is available in hotels, making it not-hot for those who are a little more sensitive to 80-degree heat.

I love this place.

No comments: