15 January 2008

Not only in Brasil

I'm sure this could happen in a myriad of other countries, too, but why is it always me?
I went to the Federal Police yesterday to renew my registration and everybody was super nice. Except for the guy who doesn't really like anybody. Good going, right? Yup. Then I got to the last guy. He was also super nice, but noticed that my visa that I've gotten extended had been cancelled in my passport and I'm just in on a tourist visa. He still gave me the stamp in my passport and the little piece of paper that says I'm legally in the country (until October 15, 2008), but warned me that if my paperwork doesn't get approved in Brasília, they will send me an "invitation to appear at the Federal Police" and I will have to leave the country. One thing after another, right? I apparently was supposed to send copies of my papers in with my tourist visa paperwork letting the consulate know I was in the process of extending my visa. Our lawyer told me not to. How frustrating is that? His (the last guy's) exact words were, "let's root for you." Or something like that.
Pray that I don't get kicked out of the country.

No comments: