12 November 2007

On reading, and rain

So it's raining. Buckets. With no hope of stopping anytime soon. Usually, that's the kind of weather that makes me want to curl up and read a good book. As the rain beating against my windows made me seize up in a fit of boredom today, I decided to head to the mall. I have been trying to hold out as long as I could, but it was just calling to me, from 1/2 mile away. The Holy Grail of my book collection (at least for now), the one precious thing that will complete my collection: Harry Potter e as Relíquias da Morte. Ahh, doesn't that just roll off the tongue so well? You guessed it, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has finally come out in Portuguese. And so my bilingual set is complete. Maybe one of these days I'll add a third language, but I'm happy, for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fico feliz que voce gosta de ler em português. nunca vi antes um Journyman que se involveu na leitura Brasileira igual. divirta-se com seu novo livro. Eu descrobi ontem que tem a traducao de John Eldrige "wild at heart" "A grande aventura masculina". Mais infelizmente a minha busca nao encontrou nada em português da Tia Elisabette. Que pena. Sinto a sua falta. Te amo