05 June 2007

I haven't written much after the trauma of being carjacked, but I am beginning to recover and have been out several times in my current car (a Ford station wagon with "BAPTIST CHURCH" written on all 4 sides and the tag number on the top). Poor car. It doesn't like cold weather, and that seems to be what we're having lately (I'm sitting here in jeans, a t-shirt, and socks with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders).
By cold, I mean under 70. Even during the day. Seeing as how we don't have carpet here, and all the houses are made of concrete, there is no insulation. SO, when it gets cold, it gets COLD. I am beginning (just a little bit) to understand why it is so dangerous for those who live on the street when it gets down to 60. Think about it: if it were 115 in the summer where you live, and the temperature dropped 50 degrees, wouldn't you be cold? Make that 90 with a drop to 40, and you've about got it.

No comments: