17 June 2007

Sick

Yesterday was spent in bed. I got out and moved to the couch about 2:45, only because the phone rang and I got up to answer it. I am surprised I am moving around today, but then again, I am not breaking out in cold sweat and an urge to vomit every time I stand up. Good for me.
I hate being sick. When I am in the bed, I feel like I am wasting time, because there is so much to be done. My to-do list grows if I don't stay on top of it, and I get so overwhelmed that it's not all crossed off. (On the other side of that, I am not sure what I would do if it were all to get crossed off, so I procrastinate on those last few things....)
God is good to remind me (He must be trying really hard) that it's not always about the things on my to-do list. It's not always about getting things done. Sometimes it's about seeing another's need in the midst of confusion and tending to it, even if it gets in the way of everything on your to-do list. Sometimes it's spending time just sitting with God, even if it feels like you're wasting time. Sometimes it's doing the same with friends. Sometimes it's taking a nap to recharge before you can tackle that exponentially growing list of things that have to be done yesterday. Sometimes it's being sick.

No comments: