13 February 2007

Pictures of home


I have been here for 4 months and have just realized that I haven't put any pictures of my apartment or the area surrounding it up for anyone to see! So, here goes:

The pic on the left is of the outside door of my building. It feels a little like a dorm. The box to the right of the door is what people have to buzz to be let in if they don't have a key. I am safe. Yay! The pic on the right is the outside of my side of the building.

I love the surroundings I am in; they seem like the jungle in the midst of the city. As it happens, Rio is home to the world's largest urban forest, which I happen to live in the middle of (or actually on the edge of, but living in the middle of the woods sounds more exciting). Every once in a while I will see monkeys running around in the tops of the trees. I truly live in the midst of paradise.

1 comment:

mel_peru said...

lucky! that looks so pretty! much better than the huge, several blocks long mountain of dirt across from my house. ok, so it's "ancient ruins"...sounds cool like the middle of the jungle, but really all it does is make my house really dusty.