27 July 2004

No time to turn around

The past few weeks have been a blur. I am beginning to understand how difficult this job really is, for so many reasons. Number one, there is no down time. I have to force myself to sit down at night and read my Bible instead of going right to sleep some days. There are always others around, and though they are fun people, sometimes I just want to be alone. Number two, there is a different group of people coming in every week, and they are all very different in their work styles, in their personalities; in short, we have to figure each new team out, person by person.
God is teaching me a lot about working with people -- about figuring out how our work styles can converge and be both effective and efficient, and even fun.
As tired as I am, though, there is no other place in the world that I would rather be than right here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I met you. You are a delight to know and to be a part of this walk we call life. I love you so much