06 July 2004

Never in doubt

So the previous post gave attention to my penchant for being opinionated. This one gives attention to my friends who put up with it.
Take one friend, for example. I told him what I thought about something that was going on in his life. He wrote back, saying that he knew and understood what I thought, but that he wasn't going to take my advice. Now I've known him for quite awhile, and I am so blessed that I have friends who will let me give my opinion, but who also feel free not to take it if they don't want to.
My roommate told me that my friends can't complain that I didn't give them my opinion on a situation, good or bad. Sometimes that extends to people who don't know me as well, so they take offense to what I have to say. They don't stop to consider whether it's right or not -- my opinion may be wrong! As a good friend once said, "I may be wrong, but I'm never in doubt."

No comments: