22 June 2004

Good grief!

I'm not sure that everyone wanted me to return to Brazil. I missed a connection in Miami (because of a flight delay due to weather), so I rebooked my flight for a different airline. I had to RUN (yes, run with carry-on baggage in hand) from terminal H to terminal B, with a stop at terminal D on the way. I made the flight, but my checked luggage is floating around in space somewhere. I was sent to about 3 different places in Miami, and again this morning when I got to Rio. The former about my ticket, and the latter about my bag. Hmmm. Lots of trouble to go through just to make it back. I have to keep reminding myself that this IS where I am supposed to be. Not Atlanta, not Birmingham, but Rio. No matter how frustrating, no matter how comfortable or uncomfortable, Rio is my God-given home for the next few months.
Of course, some of this attitude is frustration at the airlines and the weather, and some is because I am just plain worn out. I'm not even sure what I am still doing up.

No comments: