01 June 2004

Cats were born to play soccer

I really think so. We have 2 cats, George and Samantha, who are pretty cool (though Samantha got me up at 4:30 a.m. yesterday to let her out). As I sit here in the office and type my e-mails, the cats wander in and out as they please -- they think they own the place!
There's a little bouncy ball (you know, the kind that comes with jacks) in here, and as soon as they find it, they bat it around with their paws, which I know is cat instinct or something, but I swear, it looks like they're trying to play soccer. I guess it's fitting, seeing as how soccer (futebol) is practically the national sport here in Brazil. Kids don't play backyard football games. They play soccer. Any place will serve as a soccer field, and anything will serve as a soccer ball. And so, if one kid is kicking something around, the rest will come. Flip-flops, bare feet, and all.

No comments: