17 May 2004

A full day

20 hours of travel, since I boarded a plane in Atlanta yesterday. I am now actually in Rio, the place that I have waited to be for 18 months now. All that I can say is that God's timing is perfect. I am overwhelmed and amazed at His grace -- He allows me to do what I love for the sake of His kingdom. What a privilege! I am beginning to realize that this journey is two-fold. One part is for the sake of His kingdom, and the other is for Him to change me into the woman that He wants me to be. The part that will stay with me forever is not how I impacted His kingdom, though I know that He will take my filthy rags and make them righteousness. The changes that He brings about in me will stay with me forever, for He wrought them. Sometimes our obedience is truly to His call, but He ends up doing more in us -- making us more like Himself -- than we ever see done in His kingdom. Don't get me wrong; I know that it's there, but I may never see the results. Drawing us into closer relationship with Himself is just as important to Him as furthering His kingdom, I think.

No comments: