26 September 2007

I am....

I am Charlotte Simmons. Or was, what seems like a long time ago. I just finished re-reading the book (in Portuguese), and I felt like I was watching a B-grade horror film. I just wanted to yell, "Don't go in there!", or more appropriately, "Stop right there! That's a stupid idea!" I am 10 years away (on this side) of my freshman year of college, and I think about how little I knew then. I think about how much I know now, which I realize every day is not much.
The best (and worst) part of this book: I know (or knew) these people. As I read the characters, I am swept up into memories of my own college experience, both the good and the bad.
Interestingly enough, God has given me a passion to share my life with younger women, as He instructs in Titus. I may not be much older, and I may not have much more experience, but what I do have, I want to share, that women may not make the same mistakes I have, that they may be spared unnecessary pain, that they may be encouraged. My favorite? You guessed it, college age women. I remember that as such a formational time in my own life, as have been the last 5 years. I have no doubt that the next 50 will be just as formational, and that I will continue to share whatever comes my way.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I need to read this book (in English, though)!

Oh, and I just saw Catch and Release over the summer. Fun stuff. Have you seen She's the Man? Hilarious.

P.S. Isn't it sad that Gilmore Girls is no longer with us? And I can't find any news about a new series from the creator....sigh.

Jen said...

I may have it; I can't remember. If I do, you can borrow it, though it may be awhile.... Catch and Release is a good one -- we have it here. Didn't look that good with the previews, but turned out to be cute.
Yes, Gilmore Girls will be sorely missed. But we have started watching Grey's Anatomy (just as much drama, only with surgeons and McDreamy and McSteamy instead of Christopher and Luke).

Anonymous said...

have seen Grey's Anatomy and only have seen a handful of Gilmore Girls with you. But are Mcdreamy and Mcsteamy real names of characters? Somehow I feel this will not be published Oh well I will ask you next time we talk

Susanna said...

I certainly developed an appreciation for the Birdcage while in college!!! It's amazing how silly we were, are and will always be!!