24 March 2007

Not the floor!

I went to CCBB today to see the new exposition -- "Drawing since the 15th Century" -- and it showcased drawings, etchings, woodcuts, lithographs, and silkscreens from several well-known artists.
While I was in the restroom, I noticed something. Let me start with a little cultural info. Here in Brasil it's NOT acceptable to set your purse on the floor. In Copacabana and the more touristy areas, putting your purse on the floor/ground at a restaurant means you're available and looking to get paid for the night. Besides that, I think it has something to do with how dirty the ground is here, even though the streets do get cleaned. With that said, even though the stall door may not lock or shut just right, you'll damn sure have a hook to hang your purse on!

No comments: