19 October 2004

Doubly good

Two by two – Jesus sent His apostles out this way. After the sermon last night, I am reminded that He never meant for us to have to go it alone. The Christian life is not a solitary Christian life. It is meant to be lived in community. I tend to forget that sometimes, because what really gives me rest and remembrance is being alone with God. Being with people sometimes is not my cup of tea. Yet, I was designed to be in community. Spiritual “partners,” those who God has put into my path for one reason or another, are precious for whatever reason God gave them. So what does that mean? I’m not sure yet. I do know that we are to cling to our Christian friends, whether they be in our lives for a time or for always. I am so blessed to know that God gives us His greatest gift apart from Himself – people – freely and without reserve.

No comments: